Fume Extractors for Electronics Manufacturing Processes
|The soldering process itself can produce some, if not all, of the fumes in the list below. These fumes can cause occupational asthma, long term carcinogenic diseases and other serious complaints. The result of these illnesses can be expensive compensation claims from employees, long term sickness and poor employee relations, plus heavy penalties from enforcement agencies.
Processes requiring fume extraction include:
Purex fume extraction systems are designed in conjunction with some of the worlds largest Contract Electronics Manufactures and Equipment Providers to help:
- Prevent damage to production machinery.
- Reduce downtime for cleaning and maintenance
- Protect personnel from harmful fumes.
- Reduce product rejects due to poor production performance.
- Maintain a constant extraction rate to ensure stable temperature profiles.
- Deliver long filter life.
- Interface with the production equipment
Contact us for your fume extraction needs.
Machine Selection Guide
|Arm Extraction||Tip Extraction||Reflow Ovens||Wave Soldering|
Soldering Iron Tips
|–||1 or 2||1 or 2||–||–||–|
|3||1||2||up to 30||–||–|
|3||1||2||up to 30 (Heavy Duty)||–||–|
|15||6-12||10||–||Below 1200||Below 2000|
|36||12-24||20||–||Over 1200||Over 2000|
1. The selection is based on the use of a standard connection kit.
2. Longer pipe runs may require a larger extraction machine.
3. * Point-to-point soldering machines only, not suitable for handheld tip extraction.
4. Continuous use may require a machine with larger filtration capacity.
5. Contact Purex for further advice.
6. IMPORTANT: Choose a vacuum control machine for Arm and Tip extraction and a volume control machine for other applications.